Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Biosilk Ergonomic Tourmaline Ceramic 1" Flat Iron/ Hair Straightener Review

I bought this hair straightener with high hopes because I had seen numerous good reviews for it, and it is made by the same designer as the CHI flat irons, Farouk. Unfortunately, it isn't as great as I thought it would be.

Features:

•Generates more ions than traditional irons


•Tourmaline and Ceramic technology

•Seals the cuticle and repels humidity

•Ergonomically balanced

•Instant heat for quick styling (Less than 30 seconds to heat up!)

•Adjustable temperature control 180 - 420 degress F

•Multiple styling abilities with one tool


Pros:

-The temperature setting for this one because it's on the side of the flat iron, not inside, so I don't have to worry about accidentally burning myself when I change the temperature.

-I was surprised at how fast this flat iron could heat up! It seemed like a mere 15 seconds had passed after I plugged it in and turned it on, and it burned me when I touched to see if it was warm. Be careful!
-Compared to my last flat iron, the Fahrenheit one, this Biosilk hair straightener is lightweight. I'd say, the lighter a flat iron is, the better because it allows you to do your hair faster and more efficiently.

-Like the Fahrenheit flat iron, it has a swivel cord so that you can curl your hair with it, and the cord won't get in the way.

-I like the sleek feel to this; the edges are rounded and the outside is all smooth, and it just looks nice (=

Cons:

-Within 45 seconds or so, I know it has heated up because I can SMELL it. It smells like something is burning, and I know it's not just this flat iron in particular, because I tried out my friend's CHI and it smells the same. I guess Farouk just likes the aroma of burning flat iron.

-My flat iron was probably defective, which was why it was on sale, beause its plates don't close properly. There is a gap between them when it closes, so it doesn't clasp my hair well. Mine is not the only one that does this; I read a couple reviews in which people have the same problem, so make sure to look for these problems when you are purchasing a flat iron!
 
-I'm not sure if this is due to the plate deficiencies, or it's just the insufficiency of the flat iron, but my straight hair does not last very long. With the Fahrenheit hair straightener, my hair remains straight for as long as I don't wash it. On the other hand, this Biosilk one doesn't even last me a school day, which was a huge disappointment for me.
 
Website: http://www.biosilk.com/tools/iron.html
 
 
Comes in black and blue:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! (=