Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cutest wallet! on trip to Loehmann's

I was pleasantly surprised to stumble upon (literally) the cutest wallet ever at Loehmann's yesterday!
 Co-Lab by Christopher Kon. Two-Tone Wallet.
  • Faux leather shell with purple nylon lining.
  • Gold-toned hardware.
  • Snapped closure.
  • Three cash pockets with eight credit card slots.
  • Zipped pocket with three compartments.
  • Wallet measures 7.25" wide by 4.5" tall.
I actually hate the picture a lot because it makes the wallet look stiff and weird, but in reality, this is the flimsiest wallet I've ever seen- in a good way. It's not soft, it's just... loose and squishy. This is a checkbook wallet, which I like because it makes my paper money flat and un-wrinkly. If you follow my blog you probably know that I LOVE zippers (and bows and cute/weird prints). I also like that the coin compartment is on the outside of the wallet, so I don't have to unbutton the actual wallet (and take the risk of losing some bills or having people see my library card picture!) to get out some pennies. And the best part about this? It was the LAST one at Loehmann's!! It was hidden under a bunch of Kenneth Cole wallets, AND it had no price tag! After they searched it up in the system for me, I was pleased to hear that it was 60% off (and I have a Loehmann's Gold Membership, so I get an extra 10% off). So, in total I payed around $6.50 for it!

In addition, I bought a Kenneth Cole Reaction Fit N Flare Hobo Bag at Loehmann's.



materials:
  • Nylon and synthetic
  • Logoed lining
measurements:
  • 10" high
  • 14.5" wide
  • 5.5" deep
  • 9.5" shoulder drop
item details:
  • Zipper closure
(details from endless.com)

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like it. I think the part I like most is that it was originally $79 and I bought it for $18. The material is a bit annoying though. It looks shiny and plastic-y, just like a black plastic bag. However, if it were convenient, I wouldn't mind so much. For school use, I wish the opening was bigger so that I can put in books and such more efficiently. I can fit a couple of books and notebooks, but I know that during the course of the school year, random stuff will have to start going into my bag, and then it'll get messy. Plus, I like to keep a light jacket with me, in case I get chills during class. If I put a jacket in this bag, I probably won't have much room for anything else. Furthermore, prefer cross-body bags over shoulder bags because it distributes the weight better, with all those books. However, I would probably carry my heavy books and binders anyway because I don't like having them weigh me down, so carrying some stuff isn't a problem for me.

Let me know what you think of it!

1 comment:

  1. I saw these when you first told me about them, but forgot to reply, I think it was v. late at night when I saw. Anyway...loooove the wallet! v. practical! the purse, eh...kinda cute, will probably never get dirty, but if you don't think you'll use it, then what's the point?
    p.s. I have a loehmann's gift card, I think I forgot to tell you about it! it's in my old wallet (the black one that's falling apart).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (=