Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wet n Wild MegaEyes Creme Eyeliner 866 Black Review

Several months ago, I purchased this creme eyeliner from Walgreens for only $1.99! Their price was actually messed up, because it's supposed to be $3.99. WOOHOO I SAVED $2. I had been looking into this because I heard lots of Youtube guru people raving about it, and it is rated 4.4 out of 5 stars on makeupalley.com. Good stuff.

So I bought it, and I said in a video that I would do a review on it very soon. If by very soon, I meant in a few months, then yes, here is the review!

 I have to admit that, in the beginning, I did not like it. However, I later found that it was the brush that it came with, that I did not like. It comes with a mini angled eyeliner brush, and it's really crappy. So I stopped using that brush, and WA-LA! AND NOW I LOVE IT!  As it promised on the back of the package, it is very versatile, as opposed to pencil or liquid liners. It is extremely easy to apply, and it doesn't dry too quickly or too slowly. One of the things I don't like about liquid liners is that they take longer to dry, so if I suddenly spasm and blink, then it messes up everything. Pencil liners, on the other hand, don't provide a bold enough line, so gel and/or creme eyeliners are the way to go! Once this Wet n Wild liner dries, (in a couple of seconds) it does not budge. It is definitely my go-to eyeliner for the upper lashline. (I don't like using this on my lower lashline because the color is a bit too harsh for me. I always use a brown liner on the bottom. Lately I've been loving the Wet n Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner in brown.) It usually doesn't smudge or flake, but on certain occasions, it has, and I'm not sure why. I find it semi- waterproof, because this one time I forgot I was wearing makeup, and I went and splashed my face with cold water, and it didn't come off! I was very proud, however because it's almost waterproof, it can be a hassle to remove at night. Just make sure you have a good makeup remover. I recommend the Estee Lauder one.

This was my first time trying out a gel/creme liner (I know gel and creme liners are slightly different, but the application is very similar), and I have to say I am very impressed, especially since this is a very low drugstore brand.

4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! (=